SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningmary

Chickens in the garden

gardeningmary
14 years ago

Chickens are a great addition to a garden. The girls have their own border to range in. It used to be Clousseau's hang out and is planted with tough thugs and extras from other parts of the garden. A few hosta leaves have been shredded but seeing the chicks happily foraging around and nestling in the shade make it worth the sacrifice.

Here are Bertha and Chicken Little

{{gwi:170255}}

All five are in this photo, the poultry version of "Where's Waldo". Can you spot them?

{{gwi:170256}}

A glimpse of Heliopsis Lorraine Sunshine and grasses.

{{gwi:170257}}

Fresh mulch provides lots of good scratching for worms and bugs.

{{gwi:170272}}

The Aracuanas are too small to establish their place in the pecking order but seem happy in their private suite. The older chickens love roosting on top of their run.

{{gwi:170274}}

Chickens are always fun to watch and sometimes just plain goofy.

{{gwi:170275}}

Chicken Land and the quail are tucked away by the path center back of this photo, hidden from street view. I love having surprises in the garden and what could be more fun than this?

{{gwi:170305}}

Here is my long side border, a blaze of color right now.

{{gwi:170306}}

The island bed in the front I tried to limit to purples, white and lemon yellow.

{{gwi:170307}}

This year I grew Black Magic geraniums from seed for the window boxes and paired them with lime green.

{{gwi:170308}}

At the back we have a new gazebo on the patio which provides the perfect place for mosquito free eating.

{{gwi:170309}}

Tiger Eye Sumac is stunning this year

{{gwi:170310}}

Fox Tail Lilies ahve finally come into their own

{{gwi:170311}}

Slavia Sclaria Turkistanca paired with cosmos.

{{gwi:170312}}

Thanks for looking!

Mary

Comments (19)