SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txgrdngal

please don't laugh - advice needed

backyardmama
15 years ago

I just posted a question about putting a skimmer on a rubbermaid stock tank. Here's my plan for replacing my pond.

The old pond is only 2 1/2 years old, but, it's too small, probably leaking and the sides are caving in because the soil is so sandy. There is room in the area for a 300 gallon rubbermaid stock tank. The picture below is a composite of clip art and drawings to simulate my plan. To take away from the circular shape of the tank as well as give me a walking area on the side next to the house and shade/protection for the fish, I want to add either one or two small decks. The black box will be where the skimmer goes. The rocks at the top simulate the existing waterfall that I hope I do not have to disassemble and redo.

The feed store in town will order the tank for me and even bring it to the house. My main problems will be getting the tank under the waterfall without having to tear it up, finding a skimmer that will work and working in the space without killing the yaupon hollies that are there.

Any suggestions, warnings, etc. for me? I welcome any advice you might have.

Sherry

{{gwi:186206}}

Comments (16)