SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txgrdngal

skimmers and rubbermaid 300 gallon stock tank

backyardmama
15 years ago

It has been quite while since I posted on the forum, but I've been reading alot of posts lately. 2 1/2 years ago, I put in a small pond near the house with a waterfall. It appears to have a leak and that problem combined with sandy soil sides 'caving in', I've decided that perhaps I should install replace the liner with a 300 gallon rubbermaid stock tank. I thought I had everything planned out (I'll show my plan in another post.) until tonight while trying to decide on a skimmer. I'm not sure if the top tier of the tank is straight up and down so that a skimmer can be attached through the wall. Does anyone have a skimmer attached to one of these tanks? If so, what kind and did you have issues cutting into the wall?

I have a waterfall filter, but really need a skimmer for leaves, pine needles, pump containment, etc.

Any advice you can give me sure will be appreciated. I need to get this project started asap before weather gets too warm to house the fish in a small 30 gallon tub for very long.

Thanks,

Sherry

Comments (14)