SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sueandherzoo_gw

Using pre-form as part of waterfall?

sueandherzoo
16 years ago

Hi.

The plan is to rebuild my 4,000 gallon pond as soon as weather permits since it sprung a decent-sized leak over the winter and we can't find the source. We're going to pull up the liner, rebuild and re-dig a little, and make it bigger and better with all the "if I had to do it again. . ." issues I've thought of over the years. Since the pond was draining so quickly I had to go buy a pre-form to use as a holding tank for the fish and I hate to let that go to waste once the big pond is re-built. I'd like to incorporate the pre-form into the "new and improved" pond, so I'm thinking of using it as a bog pond or veggie filtration and then have water flow OUT OF the pre-formed into the large pond. But how can I make the water flow OUT of the pre-form? If I bury it into the dirt on an angle or tilt to help it spill over I will be losing a lot of pond volume in the preform. Do I dare cut a hole in the side or cut down one side of it to make a spillage area? I am so afraid that once you cut into a preform you probably really weaken the wall and will be setting myself up for potential problems, right? Anyone ever used a preform pond as a spillway into their bigger pond?

Sue

Comments (15)