SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dizzybluebaby

Why does everyone have such good luck with Skippy Filter??

DizzyBlueBaby
11 years ago

I installed skippy style filter this past March. The pond, which is 1250 gallons, with about 10 medium goldfish, initially cleared, then went green and has stayed green. I had to clean out the sponges one time because the water flow slowed down to a dribble because the sponges were so dirty. I do water changes (Skippy says I shouldn't- ???), and I cleaned out the muck on the bottom of the filter twice. Nothing helps. The water in the filter itself is even green. It seems to me that its just recycling green water constantly! I don't have any plants in the pond as I live in the northeast and they won't over-winter (pond is only about 18 inches deep, and I can't afford to replace them every year). How do you folks get such beautiful clear water out of this thing??? I've spent hundreds of $$ on attempting to fix the problem, and my budget is limited (the skippy filter being the latest investment), and I sit here ready to cry, I am so frustrated. This pond is 3 years old and I have NEVER been able to get clear water.

Comments (12)