SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freshair_gw

Dropsy..Fish problem

freshair
16 years ago

I lost a shubunkin a few weeks ago. After searching the internet, I found a description of 'Dropsy' which seemed to fit the problem with the shubunkin I lost. The fish seeme to just all of a sudden swell up over a couple of days time, and it appeared that the scales were all standing outward. The description of dropsy was swelling and scale extension and gave an alternate of Pine Cone Disease.

Well now it looks like I have another shubunkin starting to do the same thing. It appears to be slightly swelling on the right rear side and there seems to be scale lifting also.

Does anyone know if there is a treatment for this. Is there any way I can intervene and treat this fish. It is a very unusual shubunkin in that one side has large black rows surrounded by orange...while the other side is mainly smaller black and orange spots. The under colour of the fish is blue. It has a beautiful set of finnage and tail with a lot of black markings. I really hate the idea of losing this rather unique fish.

I hope someone can help!

Joan

Comment (1)

• sheepco
    16 years ago

Joan, try posting this over on Discussions (the Gallery is for pond photos and doesn't get as much traffic), you'll get some answers there. Sorry, I can't help!

(Go to GW's list of forums, select ponds, and the discussions page will come up.)

Good luck!