SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Friday's Musin'

endorphinjunkie
16 years ago

The worst of the heat wave is over. We are back to our "normal" level of heat for this time of year. High's in the lower 90's and such. The good news is that the rains that are normal for this time of year have returned. In "normal" years of late summer we get afternoon and evening showers and thundershowers. It's the cycle of geography, heat and humidity. For the last 5 or 6 days we have had rain. If it's not over a location one day, it is the next. But we are having to make up a 40 inch deficit.

Worked a mens soccer game last night. I am paying for it this morning with a soreness in my muscles that I haven't felt for a while. Is this what aging is about? If so, I'm still in denial.

It's the end of the month and it's payday. Methinks I will splurge and pick up a lobster and steam it myself. Might serve it over a bed of spaghetti or linguini. Methinks the only side that I will have will be a small caesar salad.

Hmmm, eating properly and exercising. It's the only way to stave off old age. Some may see it as a losing battle, and it probably is, but I'm going to prevent it for as long as I can, so I will exercise as long I am able and eat heathily and in moderation.

The local community college this year has implemented a two year degree in massage therapy. They are offering massages to the general public. These will be given by the student in the program. Of course they will be supervised by an instructor. Prices are $5 for half an hour, $10 for an hour. At those prices methinks I will make use of the service. I'm alway ready to help student's in furthering their career goals. In fact, it's my duty.......

Elia

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions