SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leah29_gw

Clueless Newbie

leah29
14 years ago

Hey everyone! I'm hoping someone out there can help me figure out what's going on with my orchid. It's a dendrobium hybrid (don't know which kind) that I bought at the grocery store back in October when it was flowering. I kept it inside while it was flowering, but over the last couple months I've had it outside as I've heard that a lot of orchids need more humidity and nighttime temperature fluctuations. I live in Central Florida and it has been crazy humid lately (75%) with temps in the 80's in the day and 70's at night. I've kept it in shade. Now its dropped almost all its leaves and the remaining two are yellow. It's also producing something that looks like a keiki to me but I'm really not sure, there's 4 new growths on it and one is completely yellow. It also has a few short canes that were leafless when I bought it and I thought they'd die off but they haven't. I've included a link to pictures of it. Any info anyone can give me would be fantastic! I've tried to do research but without knowing specifically what kind of dendrobium it is, it gets confusing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/leahtoms/GardenWebPictures?feat=directlink

Thank you!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting