SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ademink_gw

Farewell to Twiggy

ademink
17 years ago

Thanks to everyone (CD3, Brenda my cheerleader, et al) who helped me with my stray who had me traumatized.

This morning I went out into the backyard and Twiggy was laying in her new spot she picked as "hers" in the backyard about a week and a half ago (in the shade under the tree). She would wait there to be fed and (unbelievably) to be pet and picked up (!!). Amazing that this cat that used to run away when I got within 30 feet of her came to trust me and became a lap cat.

I started talking to her and as I approached, I realized that she was gone.

I'm glad that her final days were spent being loved by people who cared. I buried her in my backyard and bawled my eyes out.

Farewell, sweet girl. You'll feel happy and healthy now. Thanks for the chance to know such a sweet little kitty.

Comments (10)

• jeanner
    17 years ago

Ah no, Andrea, how awful. I shed some tears for her too. You made life good for her, something that too many strays never get - you are a kind hearted soul and I'm sure she felt that.

Rest in peace Twiggy.

• fairy_toadmother
    17 years ago

thank you for showing her love, andrea! i am very sorry :(

• sockmonkeyz6
    17 years ago

Awww, she's at peace now. You should feel very good for giving her shelter in the storm. She went happy and knowing love from you, Andrea
    Debbie

• grandmapoo
    17 years ago

Oh, where's my kleenex. Your description was touching.
    Andrea, you will be rewarded for your kindness.
    Rest her soul.

• hnladue
    17 years ago

At least Twiggy got to know how is was to be loved!! Thanks Andrea for caring for her!! She'll be waiting for you over the Rainbow Bridge.

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

Andrea, sweetheart, my heart sank when I saw the title of your post... I know Twiggy went to a better place, and thanks to you, she had a backyard home that was relatively safe, with food and love and kindness, to spend her last weeks.

God put a fluoresent sign over your house that's invisible to many humans but visible for animals and people in need. (And to friends who know you.)

Mary
    **hug**

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'm sorry your heart broke but glad she is out of pain. Thank you for showing her your compassion.PJ

• sheepco
    17 years ago

My heartfelt sympathy to you for your loss. But bless you for trying your best and giving her what she needed most...love.

• youreit
    17 years ago

Awww, I'm so glad she's not suffering now, but I'm SO sorry for your loss, Andrea. You're a wonderful person, and she knows that now, too.

*HUG*

Brenda

• ademink
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone! I feel better today. It's really hard when you find them out there just laying, you know? I was so sad that I wasn't there when she died - that she was alone and maybe afraid. I know I'm ascribing human emotions to an animal but I'm the Queen of Personification. lol