SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendy2_gw

A Seaside Stroll

wendy2
16 years ago

It was a perfect day for a garden tour - sunny and cool, and a nice breeze was blowing.

This was a newer section of the first garden. I love the little door in the wall.

{{gwi:161252}}

This was a cozy seating area in that same garden.

{{gwi:161253}}

Also in the first garden were these pots - the description said they reminded the owner of a garden in Marakesh, but Chelone immediately thought of Eden.

{{gwi:161254}}

There was a swimming pool in the center of the yard, almost completely enclosed by Maine's signature coastal flower - Rosa Rugosa.

{{gwi:161255}}

Some sculpture by the sea:

{{gwi:161256}}

A very cool fountain in another garden:

{{gwi:161258}}

Oh the views - I can picture us all relaxing in those chairs with a cool beverage.

{{gwi:161260}}

We saw this shrub along the way with great varietated foliage, but could not ID it. Chelone thought maybe some sort of willow - anyone know?

{{gwi:161262}}

Here is a close-up of the foliage:

{{gwi:161263}}

This lovely property was for sale. I thought I'd put in an offer - yeah, when I hit the lottery!

{{gwi:161264}}

We were tempted to settle in on this wonderful porch, but there were still more gardens to see!

{{gwi:161265}}

A lovely transition from the manicured garden to the wildness of the cliffs:

{{gwi:161267}}

We were admiring this pretty poolside planting when Chelone commented that it reminded her of "hangover vomit" - I cracked up!

{{gwi:161269}}

The tour ended in this cool retreat; a shady garden tucked away in town. This is the view from the deck - note the climing hydrangea. This plant was one that we saw frequently throughout the day - including a robust speciman in Chelone's own garden.

{{gwi:161271}}

Hope you enjoyed your stroll with us!

Comments (14)