SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

Accidents

sleeplessinftwayne
16 years ago

I don't usually have car accidents so I wonder why something odd is in the mix when I do have one. Once my car was struck by a 6 foot section of I-beam that fell from a truck hauling scrap metal and once a car turned in front of me on glare ice during a blizzard. This time I found myself looking at the light on top of a patrol car. It seems we were both trying to make a turn in the same intersection. Thank goodness no one was injured but while I could drive my car home, I think the patrol car is totaled. No air bags popped, there was no broken glass and I don't think either of us was even bruised although the plastic pots containing the plants I just purchased broke (all the same way). I'm glad they were in boxes so I don't have to deal with loose potting soil.

So many odd things occurred to cause this accident I wonder what odd things you remember about accidents you were in.

I am pretty sure I had the light but the officer said he had the lights and siren going. I didn't hear a siren but then I had the windows closed and the radio was going and the sun was so bright the light bar didn't show up much. In addition to the normal things you normally do at a turn signal I was checking for the car on my right that had been drifting into my lane and that may have been the extra element.

Augggh!!! I T-boned a police car!!!! Sandy

Comments (11)