SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patmark_gw

Just trying to meet everyone

Patmark
12 years ago

Hi everyone, My name is Patmark/Mark and I live in South Florida. I am new to this forum and new to gardening as well. I have decided to teach myself how to grow my own food 100% chemical free, from organic seeds. So far so good. I am disabled and have three children (23,23,and 21) and a grandson who is 4. His name is Aydyn and he's my partner in crime and is absolutely loving learning about all the plants and everything involved in making them flurish.

This year I have prepared a 550 SQ. Ft. garden, and it will be ready for the plants next weekend. All of my indoor starts are ready for transplanting and I am very excited. Anyhow I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone, LOL I have a million questions. The link below will show you all that I have done so far and how I am progressing if you are interested.

I was truely amazed at how many fruits and Veggies can be grown here in South Florida. I assumed when I started researching, it was going to be too hot to grow anything but citrus down here. My garden will have a fruit section with watermelon, cantalope, honeydew, blueberries,blackberries, strawberries, bannanas, and pineapples.

In the Veggie section I will be growing Lettuce, Tomatoes, gr.onions, red onions, egg plant, broccoli, bannana peppers, bell peppers, two kinds of corn, peas, beans, carrots, beets, swiss chard, zuccini, and cucumbers. I am planting Marigolds, and garlic in the cinder block holes surrounding the garden as well. Anyhow I think this post is quite long enough for now so I will talk to everyone later. Here's a link to pictures of my progress so far:

I would very much appreciate your comments, advice and tips for organic gardening, as well as meeting everyone.

Talk to you soon,

Patmark/Mark

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden

Comments (5)