SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Question for you shutterbugs..........

catherinet
16 years ago

Hi everyone,

I finally got out my New (Christmas) digitial SLR camera and am trying to learn about it. My DH got me a telephoto lens for Mother's day! Its wonderful, but I still can't get really close to the birds that are in the trees around my house. DH said that a better telephoto would have cost several thousand more........which is way too much right now.

My lens is a Canon ER 70-300.

I'm able to get pics of birds at a distance, but I still need to zoom the pics on the computer to really see them well. I'm not real computer savvy, but here's my question: I want to show you all some of the pics, but I need to enlarge them. Whenever I zoom the image on Zoombrowser, for some reason I can't keep the change that I made.

Can someone easily explain to me how I can keep the enlarged pictures? I think it involves some other editing program. My kids have a couple editing programs on this computer, so maybe I just have to somehow attach it to the Zoombrowser program? My kids are unfortunately too busy to help me with it.

This morning I got some fairly good pics of a scarlet tanager and a red-eyed vireo, but I need to enlarge them to really see them well.

This camera is just too much fun...........I'm not getting anything else done!! (although it doesn't take much to distract me from housecleaning!!). :)

Comments (3)