SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

Too much noise!!

sleeplessinftwayne
14 years ago

My Tinnitus has been getting much worse lately and DH gets a bit out of patience when he is asked to repeat himself. It has taken a long time for him to get that I am not joking about not being able to hear him over the noise. He has been a lot better about it recently and suggested I see an audiologist.

I went to the one listed by my insurance provider. The upshot was I can't get rid of Tinnitus but it can be masked with digital hearing aids. That wouldn't work at night so I would still need something to mask noise when I try to sleep. I am leaning to the type of intercom that can be plugged in outside (beside the pond) and also plugged in in the bedroom and the sound of the water fall would come over the electrical lines. Recordings are too much like recordings and just annoy me. Have you done something like this? Any suggestions?

I am leaning toward one of the newer Digital types of hearing aids that fit behind the ear with a transparent stem that carries the sound in to the ear. With a different haircut it would be almost invisible. There seem to be all sorts of hook-ups that make it attractive, like blue tooth, I-pod, Digital television, Digital telephone, remote controls, memory for types of sound to block out, etc., but there are more basic units that are less expensive and don't have the option of those types of hook-ups.

Do any of you have Tinnitus? How do you deal with it? Do you have a hearing aid that helps reduce the noise? What does it do? I'm so tired of reading lips. Does it require an Audiologist to set it up for you? Do you have the kind that lets you replace the mic with a stronger mic as you age?I would be interested in hearing (bad pun,I know)about your experiences, both positive and negative.

Comments (4)