SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
isis_nebthet

Hey guys...long time no see...

isis_nebthet
18 years ago

I thought I should check in. I've been busy enough that this is the first chance I've had to touch any forum in a few months. I got a job as a night fry cook at Applebee's and between that and juggling the critters I have scant time (I'm a zombie on my two days off).

Isis has more babies Guyu is definitely the father. Four piebald pups and two with standard Irish markings using the husky as a color guide (how is it dogs that originated in Siberia are commonly Irish marked?). Two are girls. The runt of this litter was still born so Isis will be getting spayed soon. With most dogs losing a runt is common but having never lost a pup out of Isis it tells me she's getting too old to be a mom again. I don't have any pictures of the pups yet.

I am now down to two koi in one of my aquariums (I bought them without realising the other four died). The existing pond here has been declared a biological disaster by me (it's too close to a tree and all those sinking leaves killed all the larger fish). I'm working on getting the remaining goldfish I have into the stock tank that had the clown knives in it. I lost most of my tropical fish around the holidays due to freezing of the tanks because of improper heating of the room they were in. I put the survivors in a smaller room with a heater. It's warm enough to go see the fish and take off your coat now. I won't buy another clown knife or other really temperature sensitive fish until summer given the almost life support style my fish are stuck in right now.

So how's everyone else been?

Adrea

Comments (8)