SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
semper_fi

roll call: pond pool party!!!

semper_fi
17 years ago

Yep, its time for our 3rd annual Pond Forum Super Bowl pool! The previous 2 years, by most accounts even the most uninterested of participants said they had fun playing in the pool. So play along even (especially) if you couldnÂt care less about football (~99% of you here).
{{gwi:164416}}

HOW IT WORKS:

HereÂs a refresher course on how the game is played. First, look at the grid above and pick 2 empty squares. BE SURE TO REFRESH YOUR BROWSER FOR THE LATEST GRID UPDATE (hold the ÂSHIFTÂ key and press ÂRELOADÂ from most browsers). Post your picks below and I will assign them to you.

Once all 100 squares have been filled, I will use this random generator to assign a unique number between 0 and 9 to each column and each row (where you currently see the '?' marks). These numbers will represent the last digit of the score of the game on Feb. 4th. For example, let's say that you have decided to pick squares 13 & 77 and after assigning random numbers the grid ends up {{gwi:164398}}. So letÂs say that the half-time score ends up being:

Chicago Bears: 27

Indianapolis Colts: 21

In this example, since square #13 bears (some pun intended) the winning combination of 7 & 1, then you win!!! Alternately, youÂd win if the final score turns out to be:

Chicago Bears: Chicago Bears: 17

Indianapolis Colts: 41

PRIZES

There will be at least 2 winners in this game (though technically it is possible for the same person to win multiple times). The square with the correct half-time score will win $20. The square with the correct final score will win $30.

Also, thereÂs a new bonus round for this yearÂs pool When you pick your 2 squares, also let me know your prediction for the SUM of the final score. In other words, if you think that the final score is going to be 28-21, you would pick 49. Remember, you cannot pick the same grid squares as somebody else, but you CAN pick the same sum score. Person(s) with the correct sum will also win $20 each. So even if your squares land less than ideal score numbers, you can still have a shot at winning the bonus prize with your psychoÂ.errr psychic prediction!

The winners can choose from the following prizes:

*A donation on your behalf to the charity of YOUR choice

*A gift certificate to ANY online retailer which offers gift certificates

A NOTE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY: I respect your reserved® rights to privacy. If the winners opt for a gift certificate, I will need a private email with only a first and last name and an email address to complete the transaction. If you feel more comfortable, this information will be for your 3rd cousin 4 times removed. I really don't care who it is as long as you feel confident you can get your gift from that individual.

I will update the grid every evening. If you inadvertently pick a square that's already occupied by someone else, you will be assigned the closest available square. Initially, the pool is open to ALL Gardenweb members. If more participation is needed to complete the grid, later this week I will invite members of a mountain biking association that I frequent to play along.

So w/o further ado, jump in the pool by filling in the blanks:

SQUARES: ___ & ___

SUM of SCORE: ___

Comments (76)