SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chickadeedeedee

Got: Microchip?

chickadeedeedee
17 years ago

I know many Ponders have dogs and other pets. Microchips injected under the skin contain information that can be easily retrieved from a scanner if your pet should wander away from home so you can once again be reunited.

There are studies and numerous reports that indicate there may be problems with the microchips. Various cancers have been associated with the area of the microchip injection. Some equine people will not microchip their horses because of the increased incidence of a particular type of tumor.

Fibrosarcomas at the site of injections have been reported in dogs and ferrets. Cancerous growth at the site of microchip implant in dog and laboratory rodents has been reported also.

When we had three dogs at one time, Connie, Bosco and Heidy Foo-Foo, all three were microchipped.

Connie wandered away one day and was in doggy jail. No one there bothered to check if she had a microchip! She was bailed out the next morning. None of our dogs had any sign of cancerous growths at their microchip site.

Bosco had his for 11 years. Connie for 8 years. Heidy had hers for 10 years.

Maybe it is another case of individuals reacting to a foreign body differently? Everyone needs to decide for themselves what they think is best for their own pet. I got the information about the microchip in an e mail yesterday and thought I'd pass this information along to you.

C3D

Comments (8)