SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 5 May 2008

rob333 (zone 7b)
15 years ago

It's not unusual to be surprised over my final grades when a semester ends. I usually squeak by with 2 As or an A and a B. This time I made a B and a C. It could've been a C and D, easily. So I'll take it. I was really sweating having to take either or both of the classes again, as time and money are important factors here. I am still sighing heavily with relief from last Wednesday night. After we asked and found out even if you make a D, we found out it's the overall major in which you need to have a C average, not every class. My deep breathing is even greater since my grades are better than I'd dreaded. Much more palatable! All fine and good, but happier more so, with the break I now have. I need to fill out my from for "intent to graduate", apply for aid, and register for Fall 2008, but that can all wait until late June/early July. Back-burner city!!!!

I was pushing so hard to get to where I could do nothing if I so chose, that it is exactly what I did this weekend. On Saturday, I sat on the patio with the cool breeze blowing, sun on my face, playing name that tune game on the SATCO patio with Ed. Ah. Sunday, I gardened. My wrist is killing me, sorry, but I was enjoying it so much! My true objective was to dig, dig, dig my hands and fingers into the soil. I now have two overhauled beds, though :). There's more to be done, but it's getting there. Nice black, loamy soil. Hostas in the shade now, cannas in the sun, and no weeds. Much mo' better. I also planted the blue and yellow irises, blue Muscari and white Iberis in one spot ready for next spring. Eternal gardeners hope and anticipation. Lulled into shaded peace, I would first sit in the grass, then the step looking at the house, then the swing facing in the street. I listened to the rhythms of life. Dude across the street was slinging his ax whacking out a stump, birds twittered songs, people walking dogs, kids eating ice cream cones (we live three houses down from the local dairy dip), just watching it all. Never once did I let myself slip into what should I be doing, what is lacking, etc. And about 1/4 way into relaxing, I no longer had to fight the urge to work. LF came over where to was and said, "Oh yea, I said I was going to garden today." (he has his own flowerbed to do with what he wills) and I said, "No. There comes a time in gardening to only sit and look at the flowers, watch them sway in the breeze, see the sun dapple their leaves. It's a part of the objective (your hope has come to fruition)." He stopped to smell the sunset colored rose, skipped off merrily, and I was pleased to see he may learn it earlier than I.

We plan to finish the bathroom soon. We've been letting the house slip into oblivion, me from school/work, and from his distaste for remodeling lately. He decided to get back on that horse and now has finished the under-house plumbing. We ordered the faucets and now he can finish the up-top plumbing. By the end of the week, we'll be putting up drywall (since all the wiring and plumbing will be done enough to cover it), put the sink, toilet and lights up, with tiling left. I imagine that will be lengthy since it's pretty much the whole dang room! Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, the tub surround and floor, which seems like the whole room. But for now, I'll listen to jazz and breathe deeply some more, happy with my new plateau, and the ability to only watch for a bit.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor
More Discussions