SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Things you've never done before

rob333 (zone 7b)
14 years ago

Believe it or not, I've never mowed a lawn in my life. There has always been someone else to do it, such as a landlord or husband. Since Ed left, it mostly hasn't needed since it was late autumn and winter. But with the deluge of rain, it's as high as my knees. I just know the neighbors are looking at it and thinking, what the heck? And, actually, he quit mowing before he left (after all, he quit caring), so it's really high. I hadn't realized I'd never cut the grass and didn't even know how to start a push mower, had to look it up. That seemed weird. I was going to ask daddy, but I knew I could figure it out. It's kinda strange adjusting, but it's also pretty good. I've had to jump in and do things I've never done a lot. I figured out hiring someone else may cost money, but it's a lot easier, and the peace of mind is priceless. Guess I'll have to do it this weekend some time (after finishing my last paper and preparing for my first of the three final exams).

Anything you can't do that is basic, ordinary, most everyone else can and does do?

Comments (31)

Sponsored
More Discussions