SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vstech_gw

Possible Rain Barrel source are these ok?

vstech
18 years ago

I have a source for a lot of 55 gallon plastic barrels for a rain collection system I am devising. the problem is the chemical that was stored in them is labled caustic. as in basic. or Alkeline... anyway, the chemical is 50% strength Hydrogen peroxide. now I know that it is chemically just H2O2, but I don't want to have any problems arise from using theese in my garden if any Professional chemists or previous users of H2O2 in a garden can chime in with a forseeable problem.

I am only going to be dealing with any residue that may still be in the barrells diluted with nearly 2000 gallons of water first use, and subsequent use...

ya see, last year I had a single 350 Gallon tank piped into my rain gutters and when summer hit, I did not have any stored for use, so I figured it with 27- 30 gallon barrels and 12- 55 gallon barrels would certainly leave me with enough storage for daily, or needed watering duties.

yeah, I know that is a lot of barrels, but I figure the more the merrier. and 140.00/month or more water bills SUCK! not to mention the water restrictions that get imposed here about July and august.

the other barrels just had soda syrup, so other than a few ants enjoying the watering day, I see no problem with those barrels.

Just designing the header pipes and drain system to hook all theese barrels together is quite difficult.

something on the order of 64 3x3x2 tees and 24 or so 2x2x2 tees and tons of 1" tees and 1x1x3/4 tees and valves and fittings etc etc etc... mind numbing. I have been drawing and planning for DAYS!J*@(#(

but 140.00/month is worse!

John

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH