SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gametheory

organic mail order fertilizer suggestions for indoor herb garden

gametheory
13 years ago

Hi, all.

My rosemary, basil, pineapple mint, and chocolate mints are all looking glorious up on my windowsill. I new to this all and just repotted them into their first terracotta pots, with organic potting mix. It's amazing how quickly they are growing! ... But I realize that I'm going to have to start fertilizing them soon, and since I'm going to be eating them, it seems extra important to go organic.

I'm just starting out, so learning everything about fertilizer is pretty overwhelming. There is so much to learn, and I'm in grad school, so I already feel guilty for taking time off to plant anyway.

Can anyone give a suggestion for an all-in-one organic fertilizer that I might use. I'm an urban apartment dweller with no lawn to speak of and no car, so I'll probably get it online. I think it's worth paying shipping and handling since I save so much by not having a car anyway. I'm just looking for something that I can pour into my watering can whenever I water the plants. That's what I do with my houseplants and it works really really well for me.

I'm a big fan of pesto, Moroccan mint tea and mojitos, so I've got some stevia, "mojito mint," and "pesto perpetuo on order from Richter's (http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/herbs/msg0420100518120.html?4), so I figure that I really need to get this fertilization thing figured out...

Thanks in advance!

Comments (14)