SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

March Musings.......Ramble on Thread

calliope
15 years ago

My mind and days are fragmented in late winter/early spring, as I start shifting out of winter off-season into a very busy mode. Figured it was time for a ramblin' thread, where we didn't have to stick to any one topic, but just let it hang out about what's on our mind. Join in if you wish.

I went clothes shopping after Christmas, something I rarely do. The clothing sales this year were astronomical because of the economy I guess, and I figures it would be stupid not to take advantage of it to literally replace my ratty wardrobe for the first time in two decades or more. Of course that meant a Mall trip. I go into one of the nationwide chains, and start carting my 'potentials' to the changing room. The staff had placed racks and bins conveniently by the stalls to make it easy on shoppers to place items they didn't want, or what didn't fit into them, so the staff could hang them back up later. Wow, I thought, that's a good idea.

Every stall door I opened, however, had a mountain of brand new clothes flung into a pile on the floor! I thought perhaps someone was still using the dressing room, but nobody was around. My God, it hit me that people were so shiftless, they just left the rooms with their rejects flung to the ground like garbage, instead of putting them back on hangers and into the return bin or rack. Every stall was like that. Since I am not a 'shopper', I never saw this phenomenon coming. I cleaned up somebody else's mess so I could use a room....but it bothered me to think so many people don't feel responsible for cleaning up their own messes. Ditto pulling into food store parking lots, only to find you must back out and choose another slot since somebody was too lazy to push their carts to the cart deposits, located in numerous places all over the lot. I've been to stores years ago, where the carts are stopped by bumpers in a loading zone, so that one has to pull their cars to that area to load their groceries, often having to wait in a queue for the priveledge.

I'm wondering if this year we'll get a couple weeks of mild and no rain in late March, so I can get a tractor in my garden to put in the early crops. It was so late last year, my broccoli never even developed florettes, and the brussels sprouts failed because it was winter until May and then summer hit instantly.

And, I finally broke down and bought a laptop so that I can take the puter up into the g'houses and not have to write stuff donw on paper to enter in the desktop in the wee hours of the morning. I can usually just jump right in to a new puter, but have been having to really put some effort into this one with Vista on it, and a touch pad. That has been time I really don't have to spare in my busy g'house season. Shoulda done this last month!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
More Discussions