SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pippi21

Spring fling party

pippi21
13 years ago

Spring officially arrives on the calendars on March 20th. While a lot of our members have so much snow/ice to deal with, it is hard to think of Spring. I've been thinking of throwing a Spring Fling Party, not a tea but have some finger sandwiches, punch, some other bubbly beverage. I wished the German Bakery that was in our first neighborhood was still in business. They used to take special orders for colored bread, pullman loaves to use to make party sandwiches. They would slice the pullman loaves length-wise so you could get more sandwiches out of it. All you had to do was cut the crust off yourself with a sharp knife and then make your sandwiches. I learned in a party food course one time to make your sandwiches maybe the morning of the party, adding a slightly damp papertowel between your layers of sandwiches, then cover the container with foil. The paper towel must not be real wet; not to saturate the bread. One can just cut int halves, triangles, shapes using cookie/sandwich cutters(canape cutters, they are sometimes called)

What about chafing dish meatballs in like a sweet and sour sauce for something hot? Shrimp platter? Fruit and cheese platter? It is easy to serve hot miniture quiches too.

Make minature desserts..you can buy cream puffs in Costco or Sam's or BJ's. I make minature cheesecakes in foil lined cupcake liners, but they also make minature foil lined cupcake liners. These would be just a bite size..One can make the same brownies.

Put all desserts on a separate table than the buffet.

I have clear, glass plates that are perfect for this type of party and easy for the guest to manage.

Table linens, pastel colors

Buy several types of spring flowers from the grocery stores, then make your own arrangement in a suitable bowl or vase. (Tulips, Daffadils, hydrangeas, hyacinths, roses)

Napkins(Cloth to match your table linens or pastels that would coordinate with the table linens.

Any other ideas?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
More Discussions