SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwoods_gw

feel good stories

mwoods
17 years ago

I'm sure you've read something or other in your paper lately or seen a feel good story on tv. Please share,it's mid January and sloggish and feel good stories are a welcome..at least to me. Here's mine.

A young man in our area whose mother died was pretty much left homeless when their home was sold, so moved into a cheap motel room. He works in the stockroom at Kohls and doesn't make much money. He has 25 cats and what he did was keep them all in his car and spent most of his money on food for them.The car was on it's last leg so he pretty much used it for a cat home. He was reported and arrested for animal cruelty and the cats turned over to the SPCA. They felt sorry for him because the cats were in good health so told him they would keep the cats there as long as they could and he helped pay for their food with what little money he had. Every single day for 6 months,he rode his bike 20 miles one way to the shelter in order to play with his pets..he didn't miss a single day. Anyway..the story got out and the upshot is that someone gave him their van,someone is renting him a couple of rooms on their big farm and his cats,all neutered,have the run of an old barn there. People have donated tons and tons of cat food. Since this place is not too far from the SPCA he now has to drive 20 miles to work everyday,but is looking for work closer to where he is living. He's a decent man,of borderline intelligence who loves his cats and was willing to do everything he could to keep them safe. He touched the hearts of everyone who read this story I think.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions