SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardenper

Unknown possible perennial

gardenper
10 years ago

This plant grows in the yard every year, but have never seen any flowers. It gets plenty of sun to make flowers if it did need to, but never have seen it with flowers.

It has leaves that look like a daffodil but they tend to remain pointed upwards like in this photo, and do not bend back down, making an arc.

I believe it is perennial since it comes back every year but I am not certain if it's the same plant from some kind of bulb/root or if it somehow multiplies by underground root or seed (but again, no flowers), making new ones in a close location.

It doesn't seem to naturalize well since after many years, there still are only a few plants like this around. In fact, it's quite unobtrusive and that's one reason I have just let it keep growing.

This particular picture shows 2 plants. The double leaves on each plant are about 10-12" tall. Come to think of it, every time I've seen this plant, there has only been these 2-3 leaves per plant for the entire growing season. It doesn't seem to create more as the season goes on.

Thanks!

Comments (4)