SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrbreeze_gw

Try to buy a @#$%& fly-swatter

mrbreeze
16 years ago

If you're able to, I'd love to know the secret! Arrrggghh!

I rarely leave the house as I fear the outside world...and also my car doesn't have working AC. But today I decided I had to get a new fly-swatter since the one I've been using for years and years finally broke, after smashing the 45,000th mosquito.

So I fight the traffic and the heat and first go to Home Depot. I went there cuz I also wanted to look for an electric mop type thing. When I asked where to look, the old hags at the customer service desk literally asked "where are you from, Mars?". They also said the fly-swatters were over on the cleaning aisle near the garden section...which was a lie. So I got some flying insect killer and some trash bags and left.

I decided I would just suck it up and do what I should have done in the first place, even though I'd rather get poked in the eye, and go to walmart. pffftt... I hate that place but of all the places in the world that should have a fly-swatter, that's it right? Wrong. I walked all over that rat-hole in vain. Oh and after asking about a 'hard wood floor' cleaner I was mis-directed to the grocery side where the stupid swiffers are...but being smarter than that, I stopped off in the Vac secton first. Voila! There were the types of things I was looking for. Keyword being "types"...cuz nothing matched what I really want. In the end, I left, emptyhanded. I fought the traffic and heat and the sea of white-trash...for nothing.

I did get some tacos on the way home so all was not lost.

But where the hell does one get a fly-swatter in 2007??? *sigh*

-MB

Comments (16)