SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

small engine repair...epilog

andrelaplume2
14 years ago

those who have helped out on similar subject posts regarding my 1996 Simplicity with the Tecumseh engine that would not start / stalled under load...THANKS.

I removed the needle and float on final time, let some gas run through, put all new parts back (seat, needle, gaskets), added some seafoam to my gas, poured the gas in and...............VIOLA...IT STARTED! I lifted into the grass (no snow yet) and it kept running. Sadly it was shooting gas all over again. I again popped the carb bowl off, covered the bolt hole and held it to the light....I FOUND A PIN HOLE!!!! How the heck that got in there is beyond me....I assume it should not be there!

I picked up a new bowl this morning ($2) and hope to pop it on tonight and that thing again starts. I did let it run for 10 minutes last night even though leaking...figured I let the seafoam run through.

Now if I can hopefully remember how to reassemble the sucker (cowl and related parts) I'll be in business. THANK YOU ALL. Even if the sucker konks out again, I still learned a few things!

Comments (4)