SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joannegreco_gw

A few more things to show you

joannegreco
16 years ago

I worked on a few more projects using some of my mothers belongings and wanted to share the pictures with all of you. For those who may not have read my first thread, my mother passed away 5 months ago and after getting inspired here, I've been creating things for my garden using her belongings. She LOVED being in her garden...her nickname has been Mother Nature since I was a child. :-)

This first one is going in our butterfly garden, which is a work in progress. Quite a few of the things we've created (my husband & kids also help) found a home in the butterfly garden. It's so comforting to see butterflies fluttering around her things. I may add some embellishments to it later on.

{{gwi:201186}}

{{gwi:201187}}

Here's another totem using one of her angels. My husband came up with the idea to put the angel inside the vase.

:-)

{{gwi:201188}}

These two got turned into planters for some of her many plants.

{{gwi:201189}}

{{gwi:201190}}

This is a plant stand. I'll orobably add some sort of embellishment to it...maybe something hanging off the edges of the plate. I'm going to go through some of her costume jewelry and see what I can find.

{{gwi:201191}}

With one of her plants:

{{gwi:201192}}

Today was a difficult day for us, being it was the first Christmas without her. We skipped all the hustle and bustle of the day and opted to stay close to home and have a quiet, reflective day. I worked on a few projects and found a tin of old buttons in one of her closets. Those things made me feel very close to her today.

Merry Christmas

Joanne

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting