SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

'Official' Secret Santa Gift Post

Marlene Kindred
13 years ago

Ho! Ho! Ho! Junkers~

I know that you are all just bursting at the seams to tear into those boxes of treasures, so I thought I would start a post so that when you can stand it no longer, you can post your pictures and thoughts here.....

Merry Christmas to All!

~Marlene

Comments (55)

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I'm so glad you went ahead and opened it. I had the best time gathering things for your Secret Santa. I've always been a thrifty shopper and and excellent packer, so this is my kind of Christmas fun. I was gonna glue the cup, saucer and bud vase together to make a pole bird feeder, but thought it would ship better this way. Merry Christmas.
    Frou

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

What wonderful stuff! Frou, you really know how to pick stuff! And Jeanne, you are one lucky gal. I hope I can participate next year when I don't have to worry about packing and moving. This year I'm just going to enjoy oooing and aaaahing over all your gifts!

• Related Discussions

Secret Santa Gifts

Q

Comments (8)
    Oh, I do want to share some photos! I lurk around all the local thrifts and GSs for bits and bobs and then make mosaic birdhouses out of found pieces. It'd be really fun to share them. However, I'm still trying to figure out how to get photos here. I know I need to join a website first (to post some of my pics) which I think will allow the pics to be changed to a smaller "resolution". THEN I can work on importing them here. Do you know which site most people use for their pictures? (I've looked at Photo bucket) I'd like to be able to imbed pics right in messages here rather than link. Thanks for any help anyone can give!
    ...See More

Post Your Secret Santa Gift Pictures Here! HO! HO! HO!

Q

Comments (95)
    Howdy: Ms Craftyjanjan: Oh girlfriend...... that little thing is to die for.... I just totally adore it !!!! and thank you sooooooooooooooooooo very much for the instructions..... YOU make it sound so easy...and fun !!! and I think gathering up the pieces must be fun to.... I'm so trashy !!!!! but the thing could be produced and SOLD.... it is GREAT !!!! I am just so proud of you for sending it on.... that is very commandible or what eeveeerrrr that word is... IT IS VERY VERY NICE OF YOU !!!! YOU ARE A BIG PERSON>>>>> you know what I mean... I am saying... that is so like us alll.......... we make things... that we LOVE.... cause that's what us JUNKERS and Crafty people do..... we love the making and gathering.... but to do it as a "Labor of Love" that is special!!!! and sometimes... the things... are "ONE OF A KIND" and can be replicated... but not the same... SO>>>>> My Hat's off to you Ms Janet....... (but not for long cause I'm FREEZing to death up here in the FROzen Klondiac!!!) So H A P P Y NEW YEAR TO YOU 2008 !!!!! God Bless !!! SusieSunShine ************* you just keep those IDEAS rolling in a send the pics and instructions... and we Appreciate YOU!!
    ...See More

2008 Secret Santa Gift: Post Your Thank You and Pictures Here...

Q

Comments (31)
    Well I was up early so went ahead and opened my SS gifts. WOW thank you Plumbnelly! I got the most beautiful hand painted gourd, a snowman spoon ornament, a Christmas Tree cone, a magazine, and a bag of peach marbles. Here is the photo of my stuff below. As you can see in the background, my newest cat just had to get in the picture. I'm single and live alone with my 3 cats so couldn't include a photo of myself. I tried and tried to wrap their little paws around the camera to take my picture, but they just couldn't do it. LOL Thanks so much for all my beautiful things. I had a great time opening them all. Donna in Florida From Garden
    ...See More

RE: 2008 Secret Santa Gift: Here IT IS

Q

Comments (101)
    YES>>>>> Sunnyca ... You are soooooooo right about Kirk & Carol having such gooooooooood taste ! ! ! They are quite the crafty... Creative..... Shoppers... These two... well what can I possibly say... THEY are soooooooooooooooooooo ** S * P * E * C * I * A * L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They take such pride... in getting to KNOW people.. and helping to make things SPECIAL for others !!! THEY........ Helped organize the SS last year.. and this year... and that was indeed alot of work !!!!!! and Knowing Ms Carol has not been feeling on top of the world.... and Mr Kirk .... having \*\*ALL\*\* that SNOW Shoveling... and PLOWING>>> etc... on top of ALL the Teaching ~ Preaching ~ Caring ~ Sharing !!!!! Parenting..... Cheering... etc..... THEY ARE INDEED MY SPECIAL \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*DYNAMIC ~ ~ ~ DUO \* \* \* \* \* !!!!!!!!!!!!!! They Shine Bright.... Helping us all to keep it TOGETHER>>> and GIVE US ~ \* ~ \* ~ \* H O P E ~ \* ~ \* ~ \* to carry on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA !!!!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU KIRK & CAROL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS ! SusieSunshine........ \*\*\* JUST A REMINDER>>>> MY GIFTS MEAN THE WORLD TO ME>>>>> CAUSE YOU ARE RIGHT>>>>> with out PRAYING HANDS..... I could never make it.... and this Special Gift... a SPECIAL REMINDER>>>>> "THANKS AGAIN"!!
    ...See More
  • backyardmom
    13 years ago

Count down!!!! Six hours til I get to open my SS package!!! My grandkids will be here Santa.Everyone is as excited as me,except my middle daughter who's 37,She was upset cause her boyfriend wrapped her gifts and put them under the tree.She has been dying to open them.I said I've had a gift here for 2wks and haven't .She said too me."Who's going to know" Well It take's the fun out of it.
    Merry Christmas everyone!!!Enjoy your surprise"s from your SS..

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

I got my secret santa gift yesterday. Woohoo!! I came from agirlnamedmax. Thank you SO much Max! She included some wonderful garden items as well as eco snow from Minnesota (cotton batting for padding). I love it alll...hummingbird bell, cup & saucer bird feeder, painted garden tools,a big white beautiful plate and a pink vase that will make a great garden lady. See the arms? Here's a photo.

{{gwi:200823}}

• sandyl
    13 years ago

I opened my box from my Secret Santa and look what Seamommy packed for me. I can stay in the house all winter and read and think up projects for when spring does arrive. Many thanks for the wonderful project books. Here is a picture of my goodies. Sandy
    {{gwi:200825}}

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Merry christmas Everybody.

I opened my Secret Santa package and what a bunch of wonderful items.

Thank You Lizzardly, I love everything. My fish is going on the shelf with a Blue one i have just like it. I have been looking forever to find him a mate and now he has one. The dragonfly is to die for, my husband thinks he is sooooooooo Cool! me too! Funny your husband rolled his eyes over the silverware. The first thing my DH said was Oh Cool, a windchime. :) I have taught him well.

I think the 2X4 book is going to dissappear into my husband workshop, he has been drooling over it since I took it out of the box. I have three end tables made out of 2X4's and I wouldn't part with them for anything.
    Hubby has already picked out 3/4 projects from the book.

The project book I will be reading from cover to cover.

The frog house is a hoot, I love him, he will go out by the pond during the summer months.

The map sections you included as packing caught hubby's eye as his ex-Inlaw (still very close) lived in that area and we are going to use the maps sections as decoupage (sp). The little hat and the bucket with the snowman are going to get hung on my lace curtains. I just love everything you sent me, thank you so much.

Hugs, Judy (ChelCass)

• seamommy
    13 years ago

JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is some really cool stuff. Everything except the totems and flowers was in one tiny little box, including the little round storage pastebox. Love the teacup and saucer and the wooden pieces. I think the glass balls can be worked into one of my glass totems somehow. The metal branch will be a nice accent piece somewhere next summer.
    {{gwi:200827}}

To my secret Santa, thank you, thank you, thank you. This was really a lot of fun.

Cheryl

• nmgirl
    13 years ago

Here's what kelly_oh sent me. The photo doesn't include a pretty metal plant hanger which is already mounted and has a hummingbird feeder hanging from it. I tried to get a good photo of it, the hanger, but couldn't. And yes we still have two hummers hanging around, crazy little birds. We have a male Rufous and a male Broadtail overwintering in the neighborhood.
    I don't know what the little clay looking balls in the jar are but I already have fairy house idea for them. Kelly thought the big nut container could make a great fairy house and I think she's right! When DH saw the big nut he asked if my Secret Santa was making a comment. Oh dear....
    Thank you Kelly!

{{gwi:200831}} {{gwi:200834}}

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My SS package arrived shortly before Christmas and it was heavy! When I opened it yesterday, I was amazed at how many wonderful thing my SS had sent. THANK YOU Dollydee! I LOVE all of them....teapot, metal pieces, rusty finials, little figurines, a gardening tote bag, plant hangers, flower pot, sunflower salt and pepper shakers, a picture frame, and a shadowbox arrangement....amazing!! Thanks again for making this so much fun!

{{gwi:200836}}

{{gwi:200837}}

{{gwi:200838}}

{{gwi:200839}}

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Wow, everyone got such awesome things! I'm thrilled that you are all thrilled! Chelcass, we have to get you a camera or give the instructions for posting pics here. Your presents sound so wonderful that I want to see them! It sounds like everyone here had a wonderful Christmas! :)

• tinfoilhat
    13 years ago

I got a box of rusty what ifs and maybe I cans. I said challenge me and Marlene did. There are plow blades that said they are bird feet. Animal traps and sockets that think they're going to be a scorpion. Wrenches with a hankering to become a horseshoe crab. Larvae stage drill bits that may blossom into butterflies, mosquitoes and dragonflies after I wear them out. Circular saw blades for flowers and bird bodies.
    My DW got me a 3qt, Stainless Steel Colander for Christmas and I'll be wearing it tomorrow while the microwave and I ponder the possibilities in this SS box. I have high hopes for this new headgear.
    Thank you Marlene for 1964 Jaguar XKE I wished for, the windshield was broke but it made the trip otherwise unscathed. I have a special place in the shop for it.
    Forty years ago there was a green eyed Irish lass with red hair that smelled like flowers that went with that Jag.
    Is there another box maybe on the way?

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Tinfoilhat, You think maybe Marlene has a time machine somewhere on her property??40 yrs ago ummmm! We can dream but don't think my hips could handle a Jag or Corvette for that matter. Nice gifts everyone got & so much stuff, should keep folks busy all winter coming up with new garden creations!! Happy JUNKING!!Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, tinfoil hat...so sorry that the war zone trip took out the Jag's windshield...hopefully it won't be too expensive to replace! Hope you can use some of the tidbits for your creations to come! It felt a little strange sending all of the rusty junk, but my DH said that it would make him happy and he's a welder too, so I hope it did the same for you.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I'm sorry I'm so late posting my goodies, we are still Christmasing at our house. Chelcass was my Secret Santa and she did great. I got lots and lots of sparkly, frou-frou things. All the jewelry will make wonderful accents on everything from birdhouses to windchimes. Except for the darling glass snowmen, which went right on my ears. I got lots of glass pieces perfect for plate flowers and totems. A couple pieces didn't make the shipping, but I can use them in mosaics. My favorite thing in the box was the fabulous drawer pull with the red stones. I would love to see the what it came off of. Thanks Judy for all the lovely items, even the card was too cute.
    Frou
    {{gwi:200841}}
    {{gwi:200842}}

• sandyl
    13 years ago

Oh my goodness. Frou you musta been a very good gal for Santa to bring all them goodies. I love it all! You will be very busy with projects from now until next Christmas. I love the drawer pull handle with the red ruby stones, thats my favorite also. You can make some beautiful birdhouses and the birds will be happy to move into a house made from all that bling,bling. Sandy

• lizzardly
    13 years ago

I should have posted before this but we too have been still Christmasing here in the Lizzardly household. I finally got a break in the visiting and festivities long enough to spread out my gifts and take pictures. I LOVE my gifts Azcactusflower! My favorite is the little gourd. It is soo beautiful. You certainly packed a lot in a little box. Thank you so much. I'm very touched by the thougthfulness you put into the presents you sent half way across the country to a complete stranger. I'm a very lucky junker!

The little jar of inspirational sayings is such a clever idea I think I'll be forced to copy you in the future for birthday presents to friends. The Christmas candle is charming and the little glass bottle decorated with beads and is something I will treasure. The dragonfly lantern will be put to use as soon as the weather warms a bit on my table in the backyard. The little blue jar will be the crowning glory on my next glass totem birdfeeder as soon as I find just the right shallow bowl or plate to top off the rest of the blue glass that I've collected. The peacock fit beautifully on the family room (traditional) tree. The sparkly dragonflies have been adding their glam to the tacky pink florida Christmas tree in the living room. There is a cute poinsettia kitchen towel missing from the picture that my daughter quickly appropriated for herself. The signs are destined for my screened back porch as soon as the weather warms and I get it painted. {{gwi:200844}} {{gwi:200846}} {{gwi:200848}} {{gwi:200850}} {{gwi:200852}} I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Junky New Year to all!

• dollydee
    13 years ago

Wow!!!! Some great stuff has new homes! I finally got a chance to open mine and love it all. THANK YOU to my SS!! My FIL has been in the hospital over the last week and is supposed to get to come home tomorrow, so now that things are slowing down a little I'll get pictures taken & posted.

Marlene---so glad you liked your stuff :)

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Been busy at my house this year or chaotic would be a better description. Normal DID NOT happen in any way! Grandsons went to Disney World in Fl. and granddaughter decided to wait for them to come home to open gifts.........presents are still under the tree!! But I couldn't wait any longer.....Tinfoilhat made my day!!! I am saying choice words about now as I can't get my pics to download.....but I can tell you I was truely the most fortunate one when my name was given to tinfoilhat!! Remember the discussion about the dragonflies? Tinfoilhat posted a pic of a blue dragon fly, that I was droowling over, well I will droowl no more, I have my very own now thanks to my SS........the one and only tinfoilhat!!! It is adorable and will be in my garden this spring. It is very special because I just know it was crafted especially for ME!!!!!! So many thanks for my special gift.

Hope This link will take you to his previous pic posted:
    http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/junk/msg1218555032198.html

• tinfoilhat
    13 years ago

Here's a little help oldcrafty.
    {{gwi:200854}}
    When you posted about wanting that little blue one I laughed because I knew his brother was already under your tree. Glad you liked him.

SunnyCa -
    Calvin and Hobbes had a time machine AND a Transmogrifier,
    Mr. Peabody and Sherman had the Wayback Machine,
    The Doctor has the TARDIS,
    Who knows what Marlene could have hiding in the potting shed.
    It's my fantasy and I'm not losing hope.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Tiffoilhat, hope is good & keep dreaming on!!!(In case anyone got the wrong idea my comment about hips- my cousin's Corvette I was nearly laying down as we went down the street, even with all the tuck & roll & real leather she had put in I would be sore when I got out! Can't even imagine getting in 1 now after all these years. So along with time machine I would hope for a capsule to take you back to days when you were 20!! Wow,these gifts are great! love that dragonfly!! They must all know some way to ship that doesn't break the bank! I'm sure those priority boxes could never hold as much stuff as some of them sent. I'm in love with those little dragonflies that Azcatcusflower sent lizzardly- did you zoom in on all that stuff- no way could it fit in 1 "little ole box" are the dragonflies really tiny, they look like they are 4-6 in. long!! Sure are cute & I see lots of great things for all the folks to work magic with. Oh, I don't have a clue who all those people are, tinfoilhat,only movie I've watched about time machine was Michael J. Fox one. Tried to watch Willie Wonka & Choc. factory last night & couldn't stand it. Not much for sci-fi or make believe!! Jan

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Hey Luna, I have a camera and I took pictures and even downsized them I just don't know how to post on this site...........Help! :)

Chelcass

• lizzardly
    13 years ago

Chelcass- I use photobucket to post pictures. It's really easy. The hardest part is setting up an account at PB. I put a link below for you.

Sunnyca- The dragonflies are not blown up. They are big 'uns. I just love them. Thanks azcactusflower!

Here is a link that might be useful: how to post pics

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Thanks tinfoilhat for the help...........and I LOVE him.....Thanks again! Sunnyca...I went and got one of those little ship all you can fit in boxes and couldn't even start to get all the stuff in. Was getting scared I'd never be able to ship all the things I had to ship.....and by the way, don't know if she has opened yet as I haven't seen a post!! Anyway, was quite surprised with the rather large box I shipped it was only a dollar and a little change more that the little box for a set price. So I did much better with my big box that I had packed full! Hope it made the trip OK and someone is pleased with what they got.
    Blessings to all in the new year!!

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

Just to let Bev Ver Steegh know that I received her SS pkg several days ago, but haven't had a chance to post that I had it. A great big thank you! What lovely things she sent me. I love every single one of them.I can hardly wait for spring to get here so I can use them. She sent me a rustic birdhouse, a lrg solarlight butterfly, a hanging crystalized insulater decorated with lots of bling, another sml butterfly also decorated with bling, a plate with a beautiful bird on it, a bottlebug, and some metal herb markers. Everything is awesome. I love all of it!!!This SS has been sooooo much fun. I wish we could do it twice a year like some other poster suggested. We could call it our Secret Spring Buddy!!!! I don't know how to rotate them!!!! But you get the idea!!! Again, thank you, thank you, love everything!
    {{gwi:200856}}
    {{gwi:200858}}
    {{gwi:200860}}
    {{gwi:200861}}
    {{gwi:200862}}

• backyardmom
    13 years ago

Sorry ladies.My computer was giving me some problems and when I finally got on to post my wonderful gifts from Paulette.I put it in the wrong area.I posted it in the SS exchange post.
    The gifts are the best.An owl to put on my nature tree.And drawer handles that I think I will be looking for an old window shutter to use them on.Thanks Paulette.
    Joan

• backyardmom
    13 years ago

Posting my gifts here where it belongs{{gwi:198688}}Thanks Paulette!!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lots of cool things all around...I'm enjoying seeing what everyone has gotten in their treasure boxes!

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Sorry this is so late but I had trouble getting pictures of my SS gifts posted.

I received a lot of goodies from my Secret Santa, Jeanne.
    She gave me cards featuring her photography. I'm going to frame two of them to hang in my 'inspiration room'. One of her photos inspired me to use the rusty piece she sent to start a winter structure garden. BTW Jeanne, was the iron piece orignally a part from some machinery?

The wind chime she sent will look and sound lovely in my garden this spring and the hand painted shovel will go in the vegetable garden.

I just happen to have a woodland spirit that will be a perfect mate for the one she sent me. And oh, I can't forget the plant stakes or Christmas decoration

I loved everthing! Thank you so very much Jeanne.

Happy New Year!

From a girl named "Max"

• sb2007suzq
    13 years ago

Hi and Merry Christmas(belated) and Happy New Year to All. I have been having a problem logging on here to let everyone know I got my SS present and love it.

I forgot to put my User Name on my gift to DollyDee, which my name was GreenSuzq and now they changed it to sb2007suzq, which was part of my email address when I signed up. Not sure why my name is changed or if I can get back GreenSuzq or not.

Anyway, thanks for my gift gramma-cindy, I love it and can't wait to get to creating something. I will try and post pics, but very busy until after this weekend.

Everyone have a Happy New Year!

GreenSuzq

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Hi Max...am happy to hear from you ...

That iron piece is a "planter plate" from farm machinery ... could be a John Deere, I don't know...I collect & use them alot in my gardens...I like to make "Barnwood Blooms" on old barnwood...I'll connect my link to Photobucket.

BTW, Photobucket is a good free pic program used on here alot...but someone on this forum mentioned tiny pic, which was quick & easy, too.

http://tinypic.com/

I have a cement mold & poured the woodland spirit & painted it...have had fun doing some of those & smiley rocks. LOL!

Good to hear from you & hope to see more of your garden creations when Spring comes! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Barnwood Blooms jeannespines

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Hi Jeanne,

I've used photobucket before but tried for days to post pics of your gifts. No luck...GW just kept rejecting my messages. I'll try tiny pics. Thanks, Max

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

max...don't know if you've posted from PB before on here...but under your PB pic, click on the 3rd row down (HTLM code) & it will say "copied" (you may have to right click on it)...then go to the message area in your GW post, & right-click & click paste...glibberish will show up until you click on "Preview" message, then you'll see the pic with your text message. I'm doing it here:

{{gwi:200864}}

Also if you're posting in the same thread (like this one) you have to CHANGE the "subject of posting line" ... I usually just add a word to the end of it (like above, "revised).

If you already know this stuff, please ignore...I know it can get frustrating! Thanks for your reply. Jeanne S.

• tehuti
    13 years ago

To say there are not too many coincidences in my life would be an understatement. So I will let you judge for yourself what exactly happened in this case.
    This item is a red, unmarked, and quite unremarkable candle holder I purchase on 12/28/2010 from a thrift shop in Yucaipa, CA.
    http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh302/robertsbackyard/advent1.jpg

This item is also a red, quite unremarkable candle holder except; not only was it a Secret Santa gift from Anacortes, WA but it is adorned with a small paper tag "Made In German Democratic Republic" (East Germany). Of course this dates the pieces to between 1949 and 1990 (probably closer to 1990 but still at least 20 years old.
    http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh302/robertsbackyard/advent2.jpg

My research on this item eventually concluded that it is part of an Advent Wreath see link about halfway down the page.

They will, out of necessity, become something quite different at some time in the future although my DW has tried unsuccessfully (so far) to snatch one from me.

She had more luck removing the figure candle holder that accompanied several pieces in the Secret Santa box.
    http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh302/robertsbackyard/arun.jpg

Needless to say this battle for possession of miscellaneous trinkets is perpetual and of itself causes not the slightest turmoil. It is only when a winning combination of such abstract pieces is completed that a struggle for possession once more ensues. But that is again half the pleasure in the creative process. Guess I'll never be rich in a monetary way but in memories of selective bargaining I will know no equal.

I want to thank all the members of the Garden Web/Garden Junk Forum for all the kindness extended to me over the years and wish all the best to all of you for the coming years.

Robert

Here is a link that might be useful: Advent wreath info

• tehuti
    13 years ago

To say there are not too many coincidences in my life would be an understatement. So I will let you judge for yourself what exactly happened in this case.

This first item is a red, unmarked, and quite unremarkable candle holder I purchase on 12/28/2010 from a thrift shop in Yucaipa, CA.
    {{gwi:200866}}
    . .
    . This second item is also a red, quite unremarkable candle holder except; not only was it a Secret Santa gift from Anacortes, WA but it is adorned with a small paper tag "Made In German Democratic Republic" (East Germany). Of course this dates the pieces to between 1949 and 1990 (probably closer to 1990 but still at least 20 years old.
    {{gwi:200869}}
    . .
    . My research on this item eventually concluded that it is part of an Advent Wreath see LINK about halfway down the page.

They will, out of necessity, become something quite different at some time in the future although my DW has tried unsuccessfully (so far) to snatch one from me.

She had more luck removing the figure candle holder that accompanied several pieces in the Secret Santa box.
    {{gwi:200870}}
    Needless to say this battle for possession of miscellaneous trinkets is perpetual and of itself causes not the slightest turmoil. It is only when a winning combination of such abstract pieces is completed that a struggle for possession once more ensues. But that is again half the pleasure in the creative process. Guess I'll never be rich in a monetary way but in memories of selective bargaining I will know no equal.

I want to thank all the members of the Garden Web/Garden Junk Forum for all the kindness extended to me over the years and wish all the best to all of you for the coming years.

Robert

Here is a link that might be useful: Advent wreath info

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow Robert--guess you were meant to have this advent wreath, huh? It is quite a remarkable piece in it's current shape and I love the red! Can't wait to see what you might create out of it in the months to come.

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

Robert, did I forget to put my user name in the box? I was really in a hurry that day.
    I had planned to put solar lights in the bronze guy. It was really hard to part with him, but decided I have plenty of other projects to keep me busy. Glad you DW likes it. The candles look great.

• tehuti
    13 years ago

Laura, nope you didn't forget - I have forgotten my etiquette.

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Trying again to post pictures of the gifts from Jeanne, my Secret Santa. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will work this time!

{{gwi:200872}}

{{gwi:200874}}

• dollydee
    13 years ago

Sorry it took me so long to get my pics uploaded...THANK YOU again to my SS Sue! I love everything! The plate flower is precious and the blue plate is so very pretty! The darling cup & saucers sets are too cute, one set is pre-drilled! Many lovely beads & baubles to use on future projects, and that blue bottle was so cute the way it was sent with the Christmas socks on it (my 14 yr old claimed those) :)

{{gwi:200875}}
    {{gwi:200876}}
    {{gwi:200878}}

• leveta
    13 years ago

Love that Blue and Gold plate!!!!

• kelly_oh
    13 years ago

Well, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late! Everyone has such wonderful things! I received my box from wonderful Linda, aka 'oldcrafty'. There were so many excellent things, I haven't gotten picts of all of them, so I'll try to list them. I lost a couple items immediately, my daughters have quick hands!!!
    I mentioned that I love peacocks, and Linda was on a mission!!! I think my favorite things were these green statues, and my Ms Kelly flamigo/peacock! There is also a wonderful birdhouse with sparklies in it, I'm thinking about where they need to go, a gorgeous beaded hanging candle holder, sorry no pict, my oldest took it and ran! Cute little pinecone men, found a home on the window sill, a peacock tray, a fiberoptic lamp (cool!!!) and I know I'm forgetting stuff, but I'm at work and can't go look!!!
    {{gwi:200879}}

{{gwi:200880}}

{{gwi:200881}}

{{gwi:200882}}

oh, a couple of magazines filled with gorgeous flowers and neat ideas! I'm sorry, Linda, I can't remember all of my treasures right now, but it was a marvelous box!!! You did an excellent job with your first Secret Santa!

NMGirl - I didn't know what those little beady things were either, but I knew you would be able to find a creative use for them! When I saw that nut, I just couldn't pass it up! I didn't know WHO needed it, but I knew someone did, then I got your info and I thought you would definitely be able to make it into something a wee fairy would want to live in :)

Hope everyone has a marvelous New Year and I just can't wait to see what new ideas crop up this year!!!

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Everyone seems to have gotten some really special packages this Christmas, I'm still so lovin' mine, and I'm soooo glad Marlene took this project on..............still hoping we can do a "Hop into Spring" or a "Spring Fling" or some type of spring exchange. Thanks again Marlene you did a wonderful job!!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

WOW! WOW! WOW! What great treasures everyone has received!

• azcactusflower
    13 years ago

Everything is so beautiful. It is so exciting to look at all the new posts. I think everyone got just what fitted them.Everyone has been so thoughtful and generous!
    I second oldcrafty's idea to have a spring exchange. I have lots of goodies I would love to share with a friend. Lots of glassware and assorted items I am sure someone would love to receive. Finding things is so addictive, I go in a thrift shop looking at items and thinking" how can I repurpose this? What neat garden thing can I incorporate it into" I am looking at items through different eyes now.
    After all isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder? Marlene is right, they are TREASURES!!!

• a.girl.named.max
    13 years ago

Wonderful gifts but also a chance to get to know some of the great people on this forum a little better.

This was my first time participating and I probably sound like my grandkids. Again, again, again .....Peasss?? (Batting eyelashes and lower lip sticking out. It's cuter when they do it ... trust me.)

A huge thank you to Marlene for taking this on.

• gramma_cindy
    13 years ago

Well, as usual, I have procrastinated long enough!
    rmurray obviously did his homework for my SS gifts! He crafted me a most wondrous lady bug, and signed it for me!

{{gwi:200883}}

He also must have known I have 1.5 acres to fill with.....something! He gave me the knowledge of choosing just the right plants:

{{gwi:200884}}

These Taylor's Guides are just the ticket!

{{gwi:200886}}

THANK YOU Robert, more than you know!

Greensuzq, glad you got your gift - now you and your friends can have another crafting party in the barn!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

SO cool! Love the ladybug and all of the gardening books! Taylor guides are great!

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

WOWZERS!!!! you guys brought in some haul now!! I don't think there was any one of you who didn't get something that I wasn't peeing all over myself for....(pardon the expression)!! LOL! I'm having a blast just looking at all the pretties!!

I almost signed up for this, but hubby got laid off, so I just have to sit & oooh & aaah over everyone's gifts. Hopefully, next year!!! Maybe, I'll stock up on some stuff over the summer in preparation for it, in case hubby is laid off again.

• gramma_cindy
    13 years ago

I think a Spring Fling would be awesome - if Marlene doesn't want to do it, I'll try (with Marlene's coaching of course!) ;-)

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A spring fling would be great! I'll probably have to pass as the coordinator since spring is so busy for me at work, but I'd certainly be willing to help and of course, to participate!