SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cranheim

Snapper P216019KWV Lawnmower

cranheim
15 years ago

I changed the oil and filter on my Snapper lawnmower with the Kawakaki FJ180V 6.0 engine for the first time. I ran into two surprises. The first one was that the hardware body that the filter screws onto was plastic, not metal. The filter was screwed on so tight I was afraid I would break the plastic mounting hardware. The normal filter socket I use to unscrew my JD Kawasaki filters would not fit the smaller diameter filter on the Snapper. I later discovered my newer JD filters were also the new smaller version. Without the proper filter socket, I had to brace up the filter mounting hardware with a wood block and unscrew it with a large Channel Lock wrench. At least the extended drain pipe I installed allowed me to drain the engine oil without spilling a drop.

Even with these minor problems, I am well satisfied with the mower. The only feature I miss is the blade clutch my old Snapper had, but that is just something I had to get used to. It cuts well and has a good suction, which is what I was most interested in. I would recommend it to anyone. Charles Ranheim

Comments (2)