SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ltgf

I've been baaaad

cait1
16 years ago

Yes, I have been neglecting my wonderful friends here for tooo long!!! I have been collecting wonderful things but the bathroom reno and garden have kept me from sharing pics of my goodies with ya'll.

You see, once I enter this glorious site I become engrossed in everyone's projects and creations and 'tawk' and the next thing I know 2 to 3 hours have suddenly disapeared from my day! LOL I'll never get the bathroom finished at this rate!

Last Tuesday we went to Marysville. Every Dec this lady opens her Christmas store and I was in the mood to buy new ornaments. (I'll show you pics of those when I put in the pic of my Secret Santa gift!!) I've been to this town several times and always found the op shop (charity store) closed. But not this time. So these are the goodies I got there - beautiful amber glass pieces - exactly what I was looking for b/c I'm making my friend a totem for her birthday and she loves amber glass.

{{gwi:200685}}

Last month I visited my other friend who works in an op shop and she's been saving broken bits 'n pieces for me so

I had this great freebie haul to take home. Some of the stuff looked perfect and I had to ask where the damage was!

{{gwi:200686}}

But this last 'bit' may be my favorite. Yesterday was our Salvia Study Groups Christmas party at one of the gal's houses. She used to make ceramic pieces (still does a but but not as a business) and she's been telling me she has tile for me. Finally, yesterday, she asked if I'd like to see the tiles I can have and if I'd like to start taking them home and I of course said 'YES, PLEEEEZE'

She took me to the back of her house where there was a stack of at least 20 styrofoam boxes filled with these gorgeous tiles!!! Ahhh, Christmas has come early for me!! They are very heavy and what I was able to carry was not even half of what's actually in each box. Looks like Our Lady Gardyn will be getting an extreme mosaic section!

{{gwi:200687}}

Enjoy!

Cait

Comments (12)