SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

How to Wrap Totems as gifts or for sales

susiewantsroses
15 years ago

Found a way to wrap Totems for this year's Christmas giving. I think you could also use this method for transporting and protecting if you take them to a sale.

We had bought a mega roll of shrink wrap years ago. It must last forever because it still preforms beautifully. I used my 'Daisy Seal A Meal' (bought at resale for $3.00) to seal up the sides. I plan to purchase some better ribbon and to glitter the cards a bit but I wanted to throw it together because another GJ member already said she was making some for Christmas gifts.

{{gwi:200415}}

{{gwi:200416}}

The red box in the forground is a special sized box that I had to rebuild out of a boot box. It was too big for the Christmas House Warming gift that I made for my niece. It is a sign that says "Bless This House". It is covered in wall paper (recent resale aquisition) and then after several days of drying I covered it in shrink wrap just to be different. I usually like to wrap things that take a long time to open. You should see the glue gun burns that I have around the Holidays.

The dining room furniture was bought from a Pregnancy Chrises Resale Shop. I had to cover each wooden surface with a stain and sealer. (Yukky Mess) I made the 4 inch seat cusions because of my back surgery area appreciates it. The collums (3) were $10. at auction. The marble fireplace surround (may not be shown clearly) was an auction item. The chandelear came out of a Church that had a fire. It was only smoke damaged. I got it at a yard sale for $5.00, took it all apart and cleaned the smoke damage, painted it, and draped it in pearls.

The pic of the little fox hunter girl was a favorite item to visit at a local antique mall ($250.). One day I looked on ebay and found the picture for sale. I saved the pic, emailed it my son,(who has a larger than normal printer), He printed the picture for me!!! (It there are copy right issues, my name is Hose Hemanis and I live in New Jersey.) I already had the old rustic frame (it was made from the recycled fence wood in Crawford TX at George Bush's ranch. They were installing a more secure fence for him when he became President). What a recyclers dream-find business idea!!!!! That frame was a gift about 4 Christmas's ago.

Susie

Comments (7)