SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claga_gw

1 year old Lawn in Full Sun; Massachusetts

claga
11 years ago

Hi,

We moved into our new house a year ago in March and are trying to grow a lawn in full sun. The soil is clay based, and an irrigation system is installed and the water schedule starts at 4:ooam and 5:30am, spliting the time equally to reduce the chance of run-off. The lawn that is shaded by the gable ends of the house looks fine.

Eight weeks ago our lawn service technician applied the second treatement and recommended watering the lawn for 45 minutes per zone every third day. It's been rather dry since and I called the service company and explained the lawn was a pale green color. They sent a service technician out to take a look. He applied the third lawn treatment 21-0-21 70%Meth. and reported the rye grass will go back to green when the temperatures cool, and the rest of the discoloration is due to drought stress, the turf is not yet mature and hasn't filled in. He also recommended changing the watering schedule to 40 minutes per zone every other day. It has been a week since his visit and the lawn does not seem to be growing and the color has not really improved. The temperatures have been in the mid 80's. Yesterday was a watering day, when I came home from work yesterday I did a little bit of weeding the lawn soil was dry.

Does anyone have any further recommendations or comments?

Is the lawn service on the right path?

Thanks

Comments (12)