SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
konrad___far_north

Uttwiler Spaetlauber Anti Aging Apple...

Konrad___far_north
13 years ago

I don't know how many of you have read the article of this Swiss apple...obama's wife is also using this face cream of anti aging properties. I was home last month and had about a hour time in search of this cultivar. Uttwil is very close to home, about a half hour drive. I went to that area but no luck of finding it. I talked around but no one ever herd of it. It's funny, how quick it came over the Ocean and no one can tell you anything in Switzerland.

Does any of you grow this one?

Konrad

Comments (6)

• oregonwoodsmoke
    13 years ago

That sounds like one of those cosmetic marketing cons to me.

It is always confusing to me why Americans think that fruit in their shampoo is such a great idea.

I wouldn't bother with any of Obama's wife's beauty secrets or fashion tips. She's not exactly Jackie O.

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This apple is not on my priority list but it is certainly a remarkable apple.
    When apple get's punctured, it can grow/heal over, apple in storage doesn't wrinkle. Hey...we could all use some rejuvenating agent in a
    natural form...couldn't we? LOL.. I might get some scion...just to see if I can grow it here, probably not, this is a long season apple, similar to Granny Smith, but since it's a very old cutlivar from around 1750, it could be a hardy apple and I can extract the agent from the leaves,..well,
    maybe not but I was reading that it was done.

Here is a link that might be useful: Could the extract from a rare Swiss apple REALLY get rid of your wrinkles? Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1231889/Could-extract-rare-Swiss-apple-REALLY-rid-wrinkles.html#ixzz16XQ0vf00

• alan haigh
    13 years ago

That's pretty funny. I love it when research lags so far behind the marketing and the researchers are the marketeers. Nice to know the U.S isn't alone with this kind of corruption of science.

• flora_uk
    13 years ago

The article's from the Daily Mail - that's all I need to know......

• fruitgrower_gardener
    13 years ago

If you get one of those apples remove all the peeling and let it dry up, see if it's wrinkled then. ha ha ha D.L.

• Konrad___far_north
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Luck had it that I could get some scion wood,...this was my very first apple in over 20 years of grafting to bear fruit after the grafting in the same season, most often they fruit but marble size apple will fall off. I know...supposed to knock it off to let the wood grow, but I didn't.

This one almost aborted but decided to stay on.
    I can already tell,.. something remarkable about this apple!

{{gwi:60040}}