SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tehuti

Northern fliker

tehuti
15 years ago

Hello to all.

As many of you know I made several garden pagodas this past summer. The one water temple has become the watering hole of choice to many backyard birds; especially where the water bubbles out of the top. The smaller birds splash around in the two small pools at the base.

To date I have logged the following species visiting my garden junk for a drink.

American Goldfinch

Common House Finch

Common Robin

Every day Sparrows (ugh)

Tanager (by far the prettiest)

Doves (the most skittish)

Starlings

Quail and

even Hummingbirds have stopped by for a drink( that was a surprise)

But it is the Northern Flicker (one of my favorite birds) pictured in this post.

{{gwi:195578}}
Yup, Karen I have been busy experimenting with different cement/perlite mixes and have several pots finished. I've posted the link here.

Robert

Here is a link that might be useful: New pots

Comments (10)

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Wow Robert,

The northern flicker is beautiful. Love the pots as well. Great job...

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Isn't just wonderful to see the birds enjoying your creations? Love the picture!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

He sure is a beauty. Such a great shot. Looks like the king of the fountain.

• laurastheme
    15 years ago

I love the pagoda AND the pots! I made about 50 stepping stones this year with a concrete mix, but haven't tried cement/perlite pots yet. What did you use for forms? I intend to have a lot of pots in our new landscaping, but I'm really ignorant on this subject.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

So we weren't the only two-legged fans who loved your pagoda fountain? What a great shot! I like your pots too especially the swirl pot - it looks like aged terracotta. Great job as always!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

What a neat bird, and big! I've never seen one. The birds that visit me aren't very interesting unfortunately.
    I think its wonderful so many birds love your water temple. Obviously they have great taste!
    I really like the pots you did.

hugs, Karen

• delta9dave
    15 years ago

You made the fountain?

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

What a beautiful bird!! Nice addition to your fountain! Glad it is a hit with the birds. Like your pots too, especially the red/brownish one!! Jan

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

What a great place for the birds...and to watch them...love it! Thanks for sharing. Jeanne S.

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Thats really cool! Like the pots too.
    kathy