SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elifius_william

growing apples from seed in a tropical climate

Elifius William
9 years ago

due to the cost of ordering trees i decided to grow a few trees from seed. there are still those who believe that apples just wont grow in a tropical climate, no not in the Caribbean,not in Grenada.i have heard of a few people who have trees and of one lady who has a fruiting tree. for me its the challenge that has me hyped. have 6 trees growing one of which i am going to give to a friend. i have been treating my tress as mature tress and trying to enforce flowering, little did i know of my ignorance when it comes to seedling trees. was going about it wrong, got the trees to grow yes but also did them an injustice by pruning and treating them like any other tree. so i am going to change the way i care for the tress i have now. i have a few sprouting and those who make it pass the month mark will be given the A class treatment. it is my intention to grow these new trees organically but if i discover that the only way to get maximum out put is to use store bought fertilizers then that's the way to go.my main goal with these new tress is to bring them to fruit within three years. will be posting updates as time goes by also will be posting the methods i employ and research i do. would like to know how others are fertilizing they seedling apple trees grown from seed. there is another post here in this forum the addresses the question can apples grow in a tropical climate?, very interesting am hoping that people post updates on trees they have growing and the care they give them.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting