SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerrymacct

Where Do I Begin

jerrymacct
14 years ago

I need some serious help with my lawn. Below I will post the results of my soil sample, list the weeds I found in the yard, and a list of the critters/insects as well. I need help figuring out what to tackle first, what products to use, how to get the right mix....etc...

I live in Granby, CT, which is on the Mass/CT border. My lawn has almost no shade and it gets hot during peak summer times. My neighbors have beautiful lawns, mine is in rough shape. We have well water and a low water table. My neighbors have Sprinkler Systems, but can not run them for very long due to the water table. I can afford to put one in and have friends in the business, but wanted to do it as a last resort. I could probably pay someone to take care of my yard, but its become a personal challenge for me. I have a new Craftsman Lawn Tractor with a bag sweeper...and a dethatcher attachment that should arrive any day.

The thatch is bad in my yard, hence my recent purchase of the sweeper and dethatcher.

Weeds:

CrabGrass, Large CrabGrass, Dandelions, Prostrate Knotweed, and a weed with white puffy flowers that I could not find in the book I have

Critters/Insects:

Moles, Grubs, Rabbits, Ants, Spiders, Japanese Beetles

Soil Test Results: Morgan Method

Soil Texture: Sandy Loam

Organic Matter Content: Medium

pH: 7.4

Nitrate Nitrogen: Very Low

Ammonium Nitrogen: Very Low

Phosphorus: Very High

Potassium: Low

Calcium: Very High

Magnesium: Very High