SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maidinmontana

2 ?'s lime on grass & grass seed not growing

maidinmontana
16 years ago

I have an area in the front of my house (mobile home) where the wild morning glories are so bad. They are coming from under the house. Last fall I did a lasagne bed to try to kill it to no avail. This spring I pulled up all of the cardboard and grass clippings and decided to plant grass, at least I can treat the MG's with weed n feed later. So I used grass seed and it has been over a month and there is very littel grass, still lots of MG'S tho. One neighbor told me there used to be evergreen shrubbery planted there years ago and that the soil was probably contaminated and killing the seed. Another neighbor gave me some lime and told me to put it on really thick, there is no chemicals in it, so he said, so I put it on according to the instructions and still no sign of grass. What does lime do? Just conditin the soil?

I am so frustrated. I am thinking about getting sod for the area. I am wondering if the one neighbor is right about the evergreens will it kill the sod too. I really don't want to waste the money on sod only to have it die.

Comment (1)