SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samuraki_gw

Question about my new Lawn Boys performance

samuraki
13 years ago

I recently purchased a DuraForce Gold Series Lawn Boy Model 10550. I paid $150 for it and it is the best mower i've ever had, hands down. this thing rips through tall grass, wet grass, whatever. Anyway, the tank was full when i got it and it's run great. But i just had to refuel it and it's not running as good now. I put two gallons of 89 grade unleaded fuel into a brand new gas can. Then i added two containers of 2 cycle oil that was sold in the lawn mower area. it said to add one bottle per gallon of gas so i used two of them. I also added two ounces of Sea Foam. Incidentally, i had already added about 1/2 oz sea foam to the old fuel that was already in the tank when i bought it and it ran fine. I made a few passes up and down the lawn and it started running badly, the carb started smoking, not as much like white puffy smoke but more like a burning smoke. I turned it off, let it cool, and started it again. It seems to be doing better now but still doesnt have the power it did before but isn't really smoking this time. Just wondered if anyone has any input for me on this. this is my first 2 cycle engine and lawn boy. Thanks.

Comments (2)