SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shortstuff_99

New sod turning brown

Shortstuff_99
12 years ago

I live in Wester Ontario Canada and last week we got our lawn leveled and old grass taken out and new sod put in we are putting up a fence in the next few weeks and post are in. The instructions my husband was given is to water it good. I would have expected more instruction but that was it. We are watering it twice a day each section for about 15 minutes, parts sprinkler doesn't reach we put a soaker on it for 10 minutes.

I noticed quickly that where you can see the lines on the joining of the sod they are brown is this normal. The most disturbing part is today there is a large patch towards the middle of the yard going brown. It's been hot weather so does this mean I am not water enough. I read up that watering during the afternoon is the worst time to water because it can burn the grass is this correct? Also the brown grass is it due to lack of water or over watering? There is a large patch in the corner of the yard that is brown too.

My husband thinks it will just come back and green up again but I am concerned.

Also due to preparing to put up a fence husband and father in law have had to walk on the grass and I got concerned cause I read your not to walk on it for a month? When can we walk on it like normal and also on another note the landscapers didn't roll the sod after putting it down which I asked my husband about and he wasn't concerned either. I don't know if I am over concerned.

Thanks for any help and comments

Comments (2)