SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bfguilford

string trimmer: tanaka tbc225? robin nb2250z? robin nb253a? or?

bfguilford
16 years ago

Hi all:

I'm looking to buy a light weight straight shaft sting trimmer for residential use - lots of border trimming - no heavy bush cutting. I'm looking to stay under $250 all-in. Looking for opinions on these 3 trimmers:

- Tanaka TBC225

- Robin NB2250Z

- Robin NB253A

- Any others that you really like in this price range.

I have dealers in my area that carry pretty much all the or brands.

Thanks.

Comments (5)

• tekumcman
    16 years ago

Tanaka OR Robin...BOTH EXCELLENT....trimmers.
    I've owned Echo, Stihl, Homelite, RedMax, and Tanaka.
    The Tanaka is a 25CC model, and I can honestly say....
    the BEST I've EVER OWNED.

T-Man

• rdaystrom
    16 years ago

Agree with T-Man. I own a Robin. The lightweight feature is great and it a high quality machine.

• mattv21
    16 years ago

Tanaka has a great reputation, and Robin equipment is always good stuff (Makita sells exact copies under their name, BTW). I have a RedMax BCZ2400S that I have been very impressed with. It's pretty quiet and light, and runs incredibly well with lots of power. They've got a unique stratified-charge system of induction that allows them to pass all emissions requirements without a catalytic converter. It works well. I've had good luck with Echos, too. I've heard/read mixed reviews on Stihl, where some models are great and some are not so hot. The Shindaiwa brand is highly respected, but some of the newer models with the catalytic converters have not run as consistently well as their older ones. I haven't read anything but praise for the Husqvarna trimmers.

• lawnboystu
    16 years ago

I just ordered the Tanaka 225 so I hope the new two cycle carb.tech. is set good at the factory or is adjustable.

• pglover
    16 years ago

I am looking for the bottom pipe/shaft portion for a Robin NB253A string trimmer. I have acquired Box 1 of 2 of the string trimmer. Box 1 contains the engine, handle assembly, protector, and nylon cutting head. I need the contents of Box 2 which contains the bottom shaft/machine body and control lever assembly portion.

Where can I purchase the contents of Box 2 at a reasonable price? Is there a Makita string trimmer that is equivalent to the Robin NB253A?

HELP HELP !!!!!!