SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wotsken

help with my sear craftsman riding mower md# 917.256600

wotsken
14 years ago

well i can fix anything when it comes to the work but i suck at troubleshooting http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0709355.pdf this is the link to the owners manual

so hears my problem i am not even sure where to start so hears what has happened i have noticed over the last 10 times i have had the mower out running i couple little things some times it seemed like the maybe the drive belt was slipping a little so a little pull up with my foot and it was fine then a couple times i started the mower deck and the deck vibrated allot more then normal at start up ( i think i have solved that the deck was very full of old caked on grass thats clean and the blades where wore out very bad new blades) i had to leave it outside this winter we so that could be some kind of problem i don't know i will after reading the blog be keeping it covered from now on -now i have just started to pull a small garden trailer the tong weight is nothing i can lift it with a full load of dirt with one finger and it roles very very smooth my property is up or down a hill that rises 20ft in the length of 2 acres -- this might be to much info but i am just trying to give all the info that might help -- so today i pulled a full load of horse manurer and on the way there to get it its was slipping pretty bad and getting worse as i drove then i loaded it up and it seemed to sleep allot more i was planing to stop if i could get it unloaded but on the way up the hill the drive belt popped off so i got it back on and it started fine i ran it in neutral for 2 min it ran fine then i put it in 1st gear it went 5 ft then belt popped off again so i got a tow unhooked the trailer put the belt back on and same thing so i figured it might be the belt so now it has a new belt it had stretched a little it was old but not bad got it on same thing now at the same time this all started i had a small noise not a grinding more like i wining and the last time after the new belt it was much louder and sounded allot more like grinding sound it has a pulley coming off the motor and th belt goes from it to the tranny at the back the only thing besides that is the clutch pulley and the stable pulley after that the back side of the belt rides on it then goes to the back tranny pulley the clutch and stable pulleys spin but not freely the stop spinning as soon as i take my finger of they spin smooth not grabs or chunky feeling just smooth so i am thinking i might be the 2 pulleys but i cant just trow money at this thing i don't have that much if anyone can help please i need it just tell me what i need to work on and i will tear into it

thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: link to the owners manual

Comments (4)