SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craftylady_2006

shutter shelf - pic

craftylady-2006
17 years ago

I bought this shutter shelf at a country store in VT. Fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. Thought I'd post the pic for all to see and "use." I made the Rooster Wreath (for you gals in OH, I got the rooster at a store called "Value City." It was only a few bucks. The idea for the small red colander planter came from my sis in Ohio. She used the moss and a real potted plant inside her's. Mine, is light green deer moss and some silk flowers and the little hen with tall, stripped legs (Flower Factory in OH, again you OH girls got it all out there).

I found two long door shutters just yesterday and can cut them into four shelves. I'd use a power painter to paint them. Also found four brown wicker chairs (pic later) and a coffee table. I just might fix them up and give them to my best friend Paula whose brother is building a wrap-around deck on her house. Or I might fix them up, new seats and covers is all, some cleaning, and sell them at a yard sale.

Simple ideas make the best, don't they. You're going to cringe and say no way, but I paid $50 for the shelf, yikes!!

Sal

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:177026}}

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living