SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
testflyer

honda hrx mower problem

testflyer
16 years ago

Purchased a new Honda HRX series mower this past summer, put roughly 25 hours on it, essentially it's still brand new, and brought it to my Honda dealer for a pre-season service last week (change the oil, look it over, etc). they called me and said the tech finds the engine surges - which is what I slightly noticed but not enough to complain. They tell me the carb is "gunked" up, and the carb needs to be replaced. Basically, blaming me for "poor fuel management". I ALWAYS use fresh gas, high octane, drained the fuel before storage last November. I live in CT, and they said Honda doesn't warranty when the fuel has Ethanol....and I should be treating the fuel with an additive like StaBil. I am shocked that I have to pay for a new carb on a $800+ machine that is less than a year old, and that has 25 or less hours of use since factory new! Anyone else have or hear of such issues?????

I've always been a Honda fan, so when my reliable Deere mower needed replacement, I switched to Honda...no I dont know why!

Comments (22)