SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brad051

Gravely zt42 vs Toro ss4235

Brad051
12 years ago

Trying to decide between a Gravely zt42 or a Toro ss4235. I think ive narrowed it down to these 2 z's. I have a gravely and a toro dealer in town, both has a good rep. I have no need for a commercial mower and i dont want anything bigger than a 42" cut and would like to stay under $3000. Both retail for around $2700. The zt42 has a 22hp kaw and the toro has a 20hp kohler vtwin. My questions are, is one built better than the other? Cut quality differences? Reliablity issues? Thanks for any responses.

Comments (3)

• Brad051
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Does anyone have any feedback on the toro timecutter series? Either the 4200, 4235, 4260, or even the new mx4260 with the fab deck. Im leaning towards one but Ive heard mixed reviews, some good some bad. Also wondering if anyone has used the bagger with these models? If so how good do they work? Any feedback would be helpful. Just dont want to regret a $3000 mistake. Thanks

• orangedotfever
    12 years ago

Is the Kohler engine the Courage or Command series? If it's the Courage, I'd buy the Gravely with the Kawasaki engine.

• Brad051
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The ss4235 i believe has the 20hp courage vtwin. I could step up $400 and get the ss4260 with a couple extras like the foot assist deck, anti vibration mat, and a 21.5hp kaw. Is all the kohler courage motors junk or is it hit and miss?