SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncshabbybeach

one totem, one birdbath, one.... I'm not sure .....But I like it!

ncshabbybeach
14 years ago

The one I am not sure about is an old hummingbird feeder, with out the feeder, I don't know what to call it. I found at GW the bottle "Luna Luna" red enamel I think, th eonly thing I could find that even came close to the colors on the feeder. It has a loop on top made of glass. It looks hand blown. I plan to hang it in one of my trees. It looks really cool. I want to add a small plate on the bottom of the bottle and some hanging crystals.

The Red Totem was a nightmare....First I took the lamp I made apart and added the other red vases I had to it. I wanted a really tall totem this time. It was 4' tall when I finished. Then...It fell and broke two pieces the topper and the base of the margarita glass on top, I took apart and cleaned and started again, I decided I like the way the Margarita glass looked on to so I kept it as it was, then I tried to move it and it wasn't cured yet and ......you guessed it It fell again, this time breaking the other globe Between the bottom two vases. Start Over again......This is what I ended up with. I am still not real happy with it but I do not want to start again. I have decided to glue some pieces the night before so I can be sure that they are solid. LOL

the Birdbath is for a friend, she gave me the shallow bowl and asked if I could make a birdbath for her. I wasn't sure about gluing the ceramic stuff but it worked! The base is four different sized candle holder pedestals. I think it turned out pretty kewl! Total cost for the whoe thing is $3.00 plus my time.

{{gwi:171702}}{{gwi:171703}}{{gwi:171704}}

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations