SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dollydee_gw

Teapots, Totems, Plate Flowers Front Yard

dollydee
13 years ago

Finally got several items finished and outside. There are several photos that start with the house/porch/front yard and I'll do a seperate post for the back yard. DH and I have been seriously considering pulling out the huge boxwoods. They used to go all the way to the ground and were monsterous, I cut them back, but now I think they look like mushrooms...LOL I have to figure out what to put there when they come out. I hate to think of how big the roots are???????

and eventually I WILL find some round columns to replace the 3 that are square. The guy that we bought the house from didn't care what the outside looked like, he basically just slept here. The boxwoods were all the landscaping he had other than the hundred year old trees! Why he put square columns there when they were repaired I will never understand??? There used to be a side entrance to the house between the last 2 columns, the steps were cracked and crumbling as was the sidewalk, so we took a jackhammer to it and that helped the looks a lot. We painted the porch a couple of years ago, but I regret the color choice, it shows every bit of dirt and now I'm trying to find a new color that will make the porch "pop" :)

{{gwi:161484}}

{{gwi:161485}}

{{gwi:161486}}

{{gwi:161487}}

{{gwi:161488}}

{{gwi:161489}}

{{gwi:161490}}

{{gwi:161491}}

{{gwi:161493}}

{{gwi:161496}}

{{gwi:161499}}

{{gwi:161502}}