SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barten_gw

Can my St. Augustine come back?

barten
15 years ago

I moved into this place in October. The previous owner had done a bad job of watering the lawn (St. Augustine) and there were/are some grey patches here and there. A large section of the lawn was under the shade/roots of two large trees I removed in October and was mostly dirt.

In another posting you can see that I've gone the organic route and I've just put down molasses, soy, organic fertilizer (kelp, chicken manure), compost tea, etc. I've just started watering (will do the heavy drenching once a week).

Now, the area that had been underneath the trees is covered in some weeds (they started last fall), tiny ones, almost like moss/clover.

Anyway, I wasn't worried at all because I've been living under the assumption that the St. Augstine will, soon, start to grow and fill out the empty spaces and take over the weeds. I'm in no rush, 2-3 years.

BUT today I had a gardener over and she said I had little shot, that the St. Augustine was not going to win.

I'm thinking about hiring a lawn consultant type but I'm just worried about them being mmm economically conflicted.

Any thoughts?

Comments (9)