SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smokedbyremy

Flame Seedless Grape Size and Pollinator

smokedbyremy
13 years ago

I have been successfully growing a Thompson Seedless vine for about 3 or 4 yrs now, and have gotten some good yields from it. I was unaware however, of how small the grapes are from this vine. They are deceptive when you buy. The tag described the grape, but did not mention size at all. Definitely not like the store bought grapes.

I've recently purchased a Flame seedless, and would like to know two things.

1. It says med size fruit on the pot. What size can I actually expect without the girbilic acid (I'm sure that I am spelling incorrectly) that the grape farmers use?

2. Does this require a pollinator plant? I read a thread in here that mentioned two other varieties not needing pollinators, and then it talked about the Flame, but did not state whether or not a pollinator was needed.

Also, have rcvd conflicting information about when to put into the ground. I'm in So Cal, Corona zone 9/10 (sunset z18). According the plant authorities I can plant flowers anytime of year, but some say that I shouldn't put a grape or a blueberry into the ground until it's dormant. Any advice on this.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks much.

Remy

Comments (3)