SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theconstantgardeners

Fertilizer ? for new Fall seeded fescue lawn (georgia)

I started our lawn over again this past fall. FESCUE/GEORGIA. It took ok but I had issues with heavy rains and washout so I ended up seeding multiple times and I'm secretly hopeful that some of the seed from my really late applications may have overwintered and could sprout soon.

Anyway, I'm starting to see some growth (mostly by weeds) and know I need to feed the lawn at this point....but I'm wondering if I can use a feeder with crab-grass preventer? Its an issue where we live, but mostly only in the front yard where it gets more sun.

I can't remember if using a fert with crab-grass "premergent" is inadvisable for a newly seeded lawn.

And while I'm asking,....who out there thinks it IS possible to seed again this spring with fescue and achieve positive results? Most everything I've seen suggests it's pointless. The one advantage I have is that I'm still a student so have plenty of time to water. In fact, I think I may have overwatered my new seed this past fall to it's detriment because even the grass that sprouted early in the fall mysteriously stopped growing around early to mid November. Thanks!!!

Comments (4)